Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Our Life Together

Believe it or not our married life is pretty normal!
We are living in St. Louis, MO right now both working full time so we can save money before Francisco starts school again in the Fall. (We will be heading out to Rexburg, ID at the end of August)

I nanny full time for the cutest family! They have two kids, John and Lainey and they have pretty much become part of our family. I've been watching them since January and originally just had Lainey during the day while John was at Preschool. But now that it's summer I have both of them. This job has made me have so much more respect for full time Moms and moms in general. It has been more exhausting than any other job I have had but I still love it!



Francisco works full time at a company called MilliCare. He got hooked up with this job right when he came home from his mission and moved to STL because some good friends of ours own the business. It has been a huge blessing. The only downside is he works nights :( So most days he starts work at 4:30 pm and I'm lucky if he's home by 1:00 a.m. It's not uncommon for him to get home around 4:30 am, not that I'm even slightly coherent at the time haha. 

So we definitely have to get creative these days to be able to see each other! I'm lucky though because even if he comes home at 4:30 am he will usually still come and hang out with me and the kids during the day. Which I love! The kids think he's the coolest, they are easily fooled :) The other day John even informed me that Fran is his Dad! That was an interesting conversation haha. But we both have Saturdays off so that is our typical day to hang out and have date nights which are my sanity for the week.

Some of our current favorite things to do together are:
  • going to Goodwill and other thrift shops to find random good deals
  • watching Parks and Recreation or The Walking Dead
  • going to 24 hr. fitness to work out and then play 1 on 1 basketball or around the world
  • walking around Sam's club with our recently purchased membership and then eating at the cafeteria there (best pizza and hot dogs around!) 
  • we love being outside together at Forest Park or anywhere really although I'm a huge baby with this heat and humidity. So recently we don't do that very much :)
  • walking around the mall and pretending we have money to spend on all the things we want. Usually Fran will let me walk away with at least one item if I can build a strong enough case as to why it's such a good deal and why I need it. Believe it or not even with how much of a penny pincher he is I can be pretty convincing! 
  • playing Sequence! We have also gotten my family addicted to this game as well (which we found brand new at Goodwill for $6) it's usually best for our marriage if me and Fran are on the same team together haha. 
  • watching Soccer together. Anyone who knows my husband knows how deep his passion and obsession for Soccer goes and I fully support it. Usually I will watch with him or cook a good snack for him (trying to be domestic) while he watches. It's my favorite to see how excited he gets during the games especially when Brazil plays!
  • playing Fifa while I read a book. I was lucky enough to marry someone who is not addicted to video games! Thank the Lord! But he does love to play Fifa sometimes especially with my brother. So while he does that I usually read by him so we are still together but lost in our own fictional worlds!                        


But mostly I would say my days and nights consist of hanging out with my best friend and constantly laughing...seriously. I can easily say that our life might be a lot of things and have a lot of stresses but I have never once been bored! And I'm so grateful for that!

3 comments:

  1. They are so lucky to have a Jenna nanny. That Lainey Belle loves you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you guys so much. So happy you have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Y'all are adorable! So glad things are going well for you! Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete